Friday, April 6, 2012

Shredded Chicken Tacos

Every once in a while I try a new recipe that is a hit. Well, tonight was such a night and I made shredded chicken taco's and everyone had seconds! Here is the recipe (well I didn't really measure anything) that I used for the chicken and I don't want to forget!

To feed 4:

Put in crockpot:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 to 3/4 Pace Picante Mild Salsa (or whatever brand you like)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 Chili Powder
2 cloves garlic (I used minced garlic and put in about a tsp)

Cook on high for 4 hours and reduce to low for a hour. Then I worried the chicken would dry out so I put it on warm till we had dinner.

The chicken was great! I fried some corn tortilla's in olive oil and served the taco's with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Avacado or guacamole would have been good but I didn't have it on hand.

As a side dish I warmed up some refried beans in the oven that had been mixed with a few TBS of mayo and topped with pepper jack cheese. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment